Since its creation in 1985, Lobster Films has been developing a double identity : collection and laboratory. With thrity years of experience behind it, Lobster Films offers a recognized quality service. Our fields of expertise cover sound and image restoration, digitization (image and sound scanners) and video laboratory (digitization, encoding, authoring DVD BD, DCP...).
In 2001, the opening of our sound restoration department, L.E. Diapason, consolidated Lobster Films as a global reference, essential for this market. Our new installations, inaugurated in 2017, are located in the heart of the 11th Arrondissement in Paris. It is an open, pleasant place that also holds work spaces for rent (editing room, color grading, mixing...)
LABORATORY / POST-PRODUCTION
We offer a large range of services, video and film digitization (in all formats), mastering, encoding, authoring, DCP, PAD (files and tapes), subtitling... We also offer service and workstation rentals for post-production: image editing, sound editing, mixing, color grading...
We also do your audio-recordings (voice, music...) and the entire creation of your audiodescriptions (from writing to recording). Our team provides effective, quality work. Do not hesitate to contact us for any quotation request.
- FOCAL International Award 2005 for Best Archive Restoration / Preservation Project for The General by Buster Keaton, all Mutual Comedies short films by Charlie Chaplin, Faces of Children and Crainquebille by Jacques Feyder
- The Outstanding Achievement Award for Archive preservation & restoration presented by History Makers international
- FOCAL International Award 2010 for L’enfer by Henri-Georges Clouzot
- FOCAL International Award 2011 for the Charlie Chaplin Keystone short films
- Editing: Adobe Première, Avid Media composer, Apple Final Cut…
- Composition: Adobe After Effect, Autodesk Smoke
- Calibrating: Da Vinci Resolve, Digital vision Nucoda
- Image Restoration: Digital vision Phoenix, HSArt Diamant suite
- Sound Editing, Mixing, Restoration : Avid Protools HD and HDX
- Centralized storage: Avid ISIS, specialized SAN, Central servers 2,2 petabytes
- Archiving: Ultrium LTO
- And much more!
For 30 years, Lobster Films has been restoring images from its collection. We have always worked in close collaboration with every player in film restoration. This shared experience allows our teams to attain a level of rigour and quality recognized around the world.
Our equipment is the most advanced in digitized restoration and is constantly maintained at this level.
PRESERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT
The Lobster Films collection has been continuously growing since its creation. Our teams are faced with logistic questions daily with tens of thousands of titles, and a stock of about 200 000 film boxes, 300 000 files, 2800 Terabytes of archives on magnetic bands... We work closely with all the main players in the preservation business. Our teams are constantly on the lookout for problems and solutions for physical preservation as well as digital.
Apart from restoring and preserving films, we also make them available to the public. Why manage thousands of films if they stay on shelf forever? The valorization of the collection is our daily mission. Our expertise is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to know more.
SOUND RESTORATION L.E. DIAPASON
Since the opening of the studio in 2002, L.E. Diapason has become a reference in Europe when it comes to film sound restoration. We restore a hundred feature-films every year, since the beginning of sound films until the beginning of digital formats, and from different origins. Thanks to the digital workflow made up of a laser scanner, unique in France, of digital audio techniques dedicated to old films and of a mixing environment within cinema standards, we take care of the whole sound restoration workflow in order to extract the best original elements, while completely respecting the original work.
ENVIRONNEMENT AUX NORMES CINÉMA
- ProTools HDX 2
- Cedar Cambridge
- Cedar DNS 1000
- Genelec 1037 Monitors
- TC-Electronic M6000
- Dolby 585 Processor
- Diverse plug-ins (Cedar DNS One, Izotope RX, ...)
RESTORED SOUND TRACKS
- Playtime, Mon Oncle, and all of Jacques Tati's filmography
- The Great Dictator, Limelight and all of Charlie Chaplin's sound films
- Port of Shadows, Children of Paradise by Marcel Carné
- Lola Montes, Le Plaisir, The Earrings of Madame de ... by Max Ophuls
- The Young Girls of Rochefort by Jacques Demy
- RAN by Akira Kurosawa
- Crooks in Clover by Georges Lautner